Wednesday 30 December 2020

Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro camera faces serious problems and looks like a hardware issue

While we are waiting for the full review to come out (or maybe check out the existing review of the not-so-different Xiaomi Mi 10T), it would be a good idea to take a closer look at what seems to be one of the major flaws of the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro. Before moving on, I have to highlight that this is my personal experience with a handset that I purchased and it could be a hardware problem that only affects my unit or a certain batch.

In most cases, mobile phone photography tests involve night shots of various buildings and landscapes, without focusing on shots that involve a single light source. Last night, when I decided to take out my new Mi 10T Pro for some night shots I wasn't expecting to bump into such serious issues. The video embedded below should say it all, but earlier today I also discovered the presence of the ominous green dot in day shots.

The image embedded at the end of the article should say everything about the daylight impact on the camera problem. To sum it all up, I should point out the following:

The problem surfaces both when shooting videos and still images.

The ultra-wide and macro cameras are not affected by it.

Using the Pro mode does not help much, as long as the camera in use is the main shooter and not one of the two secondaries mentioned above.

The green dot is not the only artifact that I noticed, as you can see in the image above and in the movie (there is that diagonal line in both, although it only shows up briefly in the video).

The video/still image resolution has no noticeable impact on the artifact(s).

To make it all as clear as possible, I will conclude this article by saying that the phone runs the latest MIUI version available (Global 12.0.6 Stable, based on Android 10), the camera assembly looks all right and is perfectly clean, the phone has not been subjected to any shocks, and the usual night shots without powerful light sources come out nice, although some minor artifacts show up sometimes in the average "street at night" photos as well. Am I the only one facing this problem or we should start a club?

0 comments:

Post a Comment